Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fall Deco Mesh Garland


As the saying goes..."Everything is Bigger in Texas"!

Well that saying most certainly applies to holiday decor and ever since I first say a Deco Mesh Garland on  fabulous home back in Texas, I have wanted one for myself! 

I looked a up a few Deco Mesh Wreath tutorials and sort of morphed what I saw there into the garland pictured above.

What I used:
  • 3 Rolls of Deco Mesh (p.s. Fall Deco Mesh in on sale at Joann's for $3.99 a roll right now!  this deal was too good to pass up because it is usually $12-15 a roll!)
  • 2 Green Christmas Garlands (again bought on sale...90% post Christmas Hobby Lobby find!)
  • Twist Ties (I used this brand from Joanns and it was super handy!)
To make:
  • Unroll your mesh, gather the mesh about 1/2 a foot to a foot from the end of the roll, pinch the edges together and secure with a twist tie. 
  • Take the excess ends of your twist tie and secure the mesh to the Christmas garland covering as much of the garland as you can. I was not worried too much about coverage at this point because I was using 2 more rolls of mesh.


  • Repeat the above process moving up the mesh about a foot at a time (you can move further if you want a bigger poof).  Where you tie it to the garland will determine how big your poofs are.  

  • To add more volume, repeat the process with subsequent rolls of mesh, I used 3 in 3 different colors.  As you tie to the garland, just work to cover all of the exposed green garland.

  • I used 9 cup hooks like this around the door to hook it on and keep it secure in the wind.  I used more twist ties on the top hooks for extra security.


Your front door will, for sure, be the talk of the block!








No comments:

Post a Comment