Monday, August 5, 2013

Top Picks Months 1-3



When I first started nursing I thought it would be to much trouble to deal with washing reusable breast pads so I began using the disposable ones.  My laundry load was indeed a tiny bit lighter but my nipples were suffering.  The texture of the disposable pads is not good on aching nursing nipples.  As soon as I switched to the reusable fabric kind, I noticed a huge change in how sore I was.  I will no longer use the disposables unless I absolutely have to.  The other day I saw a tutorial for making your own reusable breast pads.  I plan to try it soon and I'll let ya know how it goes!


They are basically all I wear.  They can be dressed up or down and it is just so convenient to pop the snap and have access, especially when nursing in public!  I found tanks at Walmart initially but I recently found really cute ones at Target that I love!


This pump is easy to use and I can take it with me anywhere.  I have definitely perfected the art of pumping in the car.  I dont use it as much now as my little one has finally got the hang of nursing but I do still use it for times when I am way to full.  I am sure to have bottles of pumped milk so my husband can have the experience of feeding Aiden when he wants, and sometimes I just need a bottle.  I am also working on a stock pile in the freezer so he can have breast milk even past our nursing relationship.

This pump would not be great for a mom who is solely nursing as it only works on one breast at a time but it is great for when you need to pump occasionally.


To be honest I placed this product on our registry mostly because I love green and grass but it has been super handy in our kitchen.  It is the perfect size for the amount of pump parts and bottles I use, it is easy to clean, and I think it is super stylish.  I haven't purchased any of the cute accessories like the stem or the twig that go with it yet but I plan to soon!


I am obsessed with this thing!  It is not only nice to be able to hear my baby while he is sleeping or napping, but to be able to see him makes me feel a million times better.  I no longer feel the need to constantly check him to see if he is breathing which would usually wake him.  I can now see him on the monitor.  The monitor I chose and linked to is the Motorola Digital 2.8" Video Baby Monitor.  It is a bit on the pricey side but it is totally worth it!  It not only allows me to monitor my baby but allows me to monitor the temperature in the room.  It also allows for more than one camera so I could monitor multiple rooms without having to move the camera.  It runs on a rechargeable battery which is great and is small and easy to carry around.


I love everything Taggies!  I have the Stroller Toy Friends  which are easy for Aiden to grab and play with.  I also have the Bugs n' Hugs Playgym which is where Aiden spends alot of his time during the day.  He loves the colors and the music that the caterpillar plays.  He will lay on the mat for hours starring at and even "talking to" the characters.


These are part of our nighttime routine every night.  The soothing lavender smells helps calm Aiden and lets him know that it is time for bed.  I love the scent!


I think these are great for two reasons.  

One. When I brought my baby home from the hospital I didnt want to have him anywhere but close to me in my room.  I also didn't want to fork out the money for a bassinet that I would use for a little while then just have to store.  That's where the pack n play came in.  I got the bassinet that I wanted but I also got a play yard that I can use later! 

Two.  I recently took a long trip to visit family in Texas.  I checked my pack n play and it was totally worth it.  It was completely portable and easy to use.  Aiden was able to have a place to sleep on his own everywhere we went and he also still had a little piece of home because he sleeps in it here.

We picked the Chicco Green Lullaby LX Playard mostly again because of the green color and the fact that it matched our carseat and stroller but also because it had the bassinet that we wanted and even had an attached changing table and storage pockets.  We use it everyday!


I wish I had known about this sooner!  Aiden has slept swaddled since the day he was born.  He is  a strong and clever little guy and had recently learned how to wiggle his hands out and put them on his face, waking him up all night.  Insert the swaddleme. The first night he woke every 4 hours instead of every 3, and the second night he slept from 12:30 to 6.  It has been amazing.  We are both sleeping much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment